Friday, April 18, 2014

Ask SD Tracy Harper #2


Ask SD Tracy Harper #2
All questions are anonymous. If you know who is asking the question and wish to leave a comment, please respect their rights to remain anonymous.


Q: SD, have you ever thought about one of your books or short stories becoming a movie or TV Show?

A: Good question. I’ve had people approach me on that very subject and have spoken directly to some remarkable people (Never Name Drop). My daughter gave me a lesson learn about some of those chance meeting. “If they like it, and the person you are talking with hasn’t put a contract in your hand, tell them and anyone else that you are open to negotiation once they send you some paper.”  But, to answer your question. I only think about my work moving to another form only when the opportunity presents itself.


Q: SD, If or when you become famous, do you think it will affect your writing?

A: God I would hope it doesn’t. But, let’s wait and see if or when that day comes. I’ll let you and everyone who support me be the judge.  For the most part, there is only one thing that has me concern and that is the loss of my Anonymity.  That’s a thought most people give little thought to, but I hope I have prevented the biggest problem of them all, Stereotyping!
It is a subject near and dear to my heart and I touched on it through a Q&A on the first Ask SD Tracy Harper.  Reason for Reality’s Exit being my first published book.


Q: SD, How long did it take for you to write a book?

A: That’s a very dangerous question and I don’t have a definitive answer. I’ve been writing the “Twin Hearts Series” for years (intentional vague answer) and I had begun pinning the “Innocent Musician Series” when I was board brainless sitting in class in high school. (My final two years in high school were divided between my high school, a upper level education electronics and computer programing center, and as a Professional Nightclub DJ). Then there are books like “Almost Married” and “I’m Screwed!” that only took a few months and that is because I like writing several books at the same time so my writing won’t get stale or I get trapped by  writer’s block. I believe like most writers, it takes as long as you wish it to take so others can enjoy your work.



Would you like to have your question answered by Ask SD? It simple to do.
Leave a comment below or got to the contact page and send an Email of your thoughts directly to SD Tracy Harper.
Don't miss out on the latest news by Subscribing, Following, and Joining me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and this Site directly or sign up through the New Email Notification.


SD Tracy Harper Contact Form

Your Name :
Your Email: (required)
Your Message: (required)

0 comments:

Post a Comment