Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ask SD Tracy Harper #1



Ask SD Tracy Harper #1
All questions are anonymous. If you know who is asking the question and wish to leave a comment, please respect their rights to remain anonymous.



Q: SD, Why did you choose a book of short stories as your introduction to the world as an author?

A: I thought long and hard on that very subject and nearly not publish at all. The book “Reality’s Exit” came into existence because of that single problem. I have written numerous (unpublished) books for those who like Romantic Comedy, Drama, Musician Based, Science Fiction, and even Epic Fantasy. Because of this, I had little choice other than to come up with something that wouldn’t label me as an exclusive author of a particular genre.

Q: SD, I have read several of your short stories (New Fan!). Did you ever have a fear that some people may not like your book or your short stories?

A: To be totally honest with you, I could’ve laid an egg when I saw my first book on Amazon in the Kindle Store and even more after the first official sale! Of course I was anxious, and still have some fear that my work would not be received well.  But, I am grateful that someone has picked it up and gave me the opportunity to give their minds a break from their day-to-day lives. Besides, if I hadn’t released this book I wouldn’t have you as a new fan. Thank you for giving me a chance.

Q: SD, What inspires you to write?

A: Now that’s a difficult question to answer.  I get inspiration for my stories from all around me and my life’s experiences.  But, I was inspired to write because of aggravation.  Actually this aggravation caused me to seek other authors to give me something to read in-between the time a current title hit the book stores shelves and the next installment is released. If you also add in being unsatisfied with a particular storyline or book and fooling myself in thinking I would’ve done it… You get the idea.  In the end, I thought It would be better time spent if I stop complaining and throw my own party.  Well, welcome to the party and be your own inspiration.


Would you like to have your question answered by Ask SD? It simple to do.
Leave a comment below or got to the contact page and send an Email of your thoughts directly to SD Tracy Harper.
Don't miss out on the latest news by Subscribing, Following, and Joining me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and this Site directly or sign up through the New Email Notification.


SD Tracy Harper Contact Form

Your Name :
Your Email: (required)
Your Message: (required)

0 comments:

Post a Comment