Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Ask SD Tracy Harper #27

Ask SD Tracy Harper #27
All questions are anonymous. If you know who is asking the question and wish to leave a comment, please respect their rights to remain anonymous.


Q:  SD, a friend of mine had started a business writing for other people. Is doing something like this worth the effort?

A:  I can’t answer that question for you. there are people who pay someone else to write for them all the time. The question is if you are willing to deal with other people expectations of your work that is representing them. How are your people skills and asking the right questions to understand another person’s thought process. And lastly, when someone who provides this type of service and do well, the business can get out of hand quickly. Deadlines are stressful and tied directly to your reputation. I hope this helps. SD

Q:  SD, do you ever get negative feedback?

A:  I get negative feedback all the time. Some of it is constructive and others are just someone needing some attention. All in all, I look at it in the simplest way. Ask any farmer. In order to grow a healthy crop, there’s some crap involved. What I say and how I say it has grown by leaps and bounds from what I had experienced in the past and give me hope that it will grow even more tomorrow. The question I like to ask myself from time to time is something every writer who writes for a blog or website should ask themselves. Is my effort helping someone who may one day help others. SD

Q:  SD, have you ever considered writing a children’s book?

A:  Been there, done that, and is still in the process of working over a story my son would tell me as I drove him to and from school. The first children's story (none published and to save the name from getting out) was about a bunny and his adventure to make a princess feel better. Of course, this was something I had quickly written for my daughter when she wasn’t feeling well. I read it so many times that… Let just say I had read it numerous times. For parents who children have or had a favorite book, DVD, or movie that can never be substituted ,you know what I’m talking about. If you are thinking about writing a children’s book, go to the best source for the best material, children (your own) and parents who have children who are stuck on a favorite Book, DVD, or Movie. SD



SD Tracy Harper Contact Form

Your Name :
Your Email: (required)
Your Message: (required)

0 comments:

Post a Comment